Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Fourbuhfours and NPR

I was thrilled to hear Cal Worthington on NPR's Morning Edition today. Unfortunately, it' wasn't great news. I think, however, a man who can comfortably pose next to a tiger will probably weather a rough economy.

I really enjoyed this piece on the NBC Page Program. Jack McBrayer (Kenneth from 30 Rock) is kind of a super stud:

At 35, Mr. McBrayer is rather long in the tooth for the page program, which is usually peopled by recent college graduates. Mr. McBrayer was not a page himself. But he has been mistaken for one.

“It happens mostly when people are delivering stuff, and there I am at a desk in my page uniform,” he said in a telephone interview. “Instead of giving the whole spiel, that I’m an actor in a fake show, I just look down at the phone list and type ‘2379, Marci Klein.’ ”

And a final note: I am giving some serious thought to riding the rails like a depression-era hobo. Do people still do that?

No comments: