Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Overdone, Done better somewhere else

But I just wanted to catalog my life here.

Yesterday Andrew and I (some big sleep afficianados) got up at 5 a.m., put on 3 pairs of socks (4 for him), 3 pairs of pants, 4 layers of shirts and sweaters, hats, scarves and gloves and set out on a 17 block walk to the national mall.

Needless to say, there were hassles and headaches on the way. I have never seen so many people in such good spirits.

We sat on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, watching the sun rise over the Capitol and huddling together for warmth. We weren't much for the bustle of the mall and had a pretty okay view of Washington's magesty, chilling like G's with Abe.

It was an amazing moment for America. I'm glad I got to share it with a million or so other people but mostly glad I got to share it with Andrew.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say election night was still more electrifying for D.C. But yesterday didn't belong just to the district, it belonged to everyone.

No comments: